Technical Papers and Posters Guidelines
The IBC Technical Paper Sessions and the Posters are key parts of the IBC Conference and through this Call we would like to invite fellow professionals from the broadcasting, media and communications industries to submit synopses of proposals for consideration.
Please consider if a poster meets your requirements better than a paper and select the appropriate option in the on-line submission form.
In preparing your synopsis, please consider the following:
1.The synopsis should describe a substantially new paper or poster. Proposals which have already been published or presented elsewhere will not be accepted.
2. Consider if a poster meets your requirements better than a paper and select the appropriate option in the online submission form.
3. Proposals must be written in English language.
4. Should your paper be selected for inclusion and presentation, the delivering speaker must be sufficiently proficient in verbal English language, to answer questions from the audience.
5. Be clear and concise. Describe the advance or concept that will be the key topic of your paper or poster highlighting what is unique, showing how will it improve existing systems or practices and explaining its background.
6. Synopses should typically be no more than 300 words in length.
7. Offers of reviews or historical papers will only be accepted if they draw strong and relevant conclusions about future directions.
8. If the proposal describes experimental work, mention what the results (or anticipated results) show and explain what the impact might be.
9. Products or service pitches will not be accepted, however contributions explaining the use of technology in products or services may be considered.
10. If you intend to use tools such as simulations, demonstrations or 3D graphics to help an audience understand your presentation then please say so.
11. You may find it helpful to prepare your text off-line in a word processing program before cutting and pasting them into the website template.
Example of a successful style of synopsis:
"Broadcasters around the world have deployed a great deal of digital equipment over the last decade, including alpha, beta, gamma and much more. A variety of W technologies, including X, Y and Z are regularly utilized to transport digital content."
Authors of successful paper synopses will be invited to prepare full conference papers by 15 March 2013. These papers should be submitted in IBC Conference style (a Microsoft Word template will be provided to successful synopsis authors) and will be typically 4,000 words (8 pages) in length.
We look forward to receiving your synopsis, good luck!
Click here to view the winning IBC Best Conference Paper 2012 to help you with your submission.