Hybrid broadcast broadband TV (HbbTV) Association with the HD Forum Italian (HDFI) Association have announced the 2017 HbbTV Symposium at the Auditorium Antonianum in Rome on 17-18 October.
This year’s theme is Technical Excellence, Commercial Advantage. The event will include keynote conference sessions, lectures and debates.
The sixth annual Symposium will launch the inaugural HbbTV Awards which include a comprehensive range of categories designed to acclaim best practice and excellence within the HbbTV community.
The HDFI will invite attendees to view a demonstration of the latest generation receiver devices.
The event will host discussions and networking with industry leaders from the HbbTV community including operators, broadcasters, standards organisations and technology companies.
Call for speakers
The HbbTV Symposium have opened their call for speakers who are encouraged to present case studies of live services across the following topics:
- Making television better for consumers through HbbTV
- Monetising HbbTV
- Delivering advance video experience (including Ultra-high definition, high-dynamic range and next generation audio)
- Enhancing television advertising for advertisers, broadcasters and consumers
- Balancing consumer privacy with service evolution
- Operator applications and content discovery services
- Multiscreen services
- Cutting edge innovations and technology
- Tools and techniques for developing quality applications
- Promoting and marketing HbbTV services
Further information on submitting a speaker submission and biography email HbbTV, submission closes the 28 July 2017.