February 24, 2020
IBC would like to reaffirm its commitment to ensuring the wellbeing of all those who plan to exhibit at and attend IBC2020 in Amsterdam in September.
IBC remains entirely confident that IBC2020 will take place as planned (11-15 September). As previously stated, there have been no cancellations from any IBC2020 exhibitors or speakers.
Currently, there are no reported cases of the coronavirus (COVID-19) in Amsterdam. IBC continues to keep in close contact with the City of Amsterdam and the RAI, which is itself in contact with specialised Dutch institutions and partners, including the National Institute for Public Health and the Environment (RIVM), the Municipal Health Service (GGD), Amsterdam Council, Schiphol Airport, and KLM.
If there is still a risk from coronavirus when the show takes place in September, IBC will put in place a series of measures. These will include:
- A strict and rigorous daily cleaning procedure, including the sanitisation of registration points and presentation equipment
- The provision of suitable medical facilities at the venue
- Health information and first aid points as well as hand disinfection products made available throughout the RAI
IBC will also advise all attendees to:
- Refrain from handshaking or any excessive contact with fellow attendees
- Avoid close contact with people suffering from or displaying signs of respiratory infections
- Frequently wash their hands
IBC chief executive Michael Crimp said: “We continue to closely monitor the threat posed by the coronavirus.
“Our priority is to make sure that everyone who attends IBC is safe. As such, we will continue to keep in close contact with our colleagues at the RAI and the City of Amsterdam to ensure that we are able to keep all attendees safe.
“We are reassured by the efforts of our colleagues at the RAI, who continue to successfully deliver exhibitions and conferences.
”The IBC team continues to work on delivering another great show and we look forward to seeing you all in Amsterdam in September. We will continue to monitor the situation and keep you informed of any key developments.”
February 13, 2020
IBC is aware of the GSMA’s decision yesterday to cancel Mobile World Congress. Considering this news, and the ongoing developments surrounding Coronavirus (COVID-19), IBC would like to reassure the industry that it continues to monitor closely the outbreak of the virus and its impact. This includes observing the advice and guidance from the World Health Organisation (WHO) and the Centres for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
We would like to make clear that there have been no cancellations from any exhibitors or speakers for IBC2020. Also, according to a recent update from the WHO, there have not been any confirmed cases of COVID-19 in the Netherlands.
IBC chief executive Michael Crimp said: “We remain confident that IBC2020 will take place as planned in September. As you would expect, we are closely following the advice from the World Health Organisation and we are in regular contact with our colleagues at the City of Amsterdam.
“We will provide updates to exhibitors and attendees if the situation changes. Our thoughts and sympathies are with those affected by the virus.”