- SPI/FilmBox expands channel and content distribution across Africa
- Subscribers will have greater access to Hollywood films and TV series
- Aim to build brand engagement and TV viewership’s in the region
Content provider SPI/FilmBox has announced new content distribution deals to deliver eight of its popular channels across Africa with Azam TV, MTN Group and habeshaview.
Subscribers to the platforms will have access to SPI/FilmBox channels including FilmBox Africa, which features Hollywood films and TV series from world-renowned directors and producers.
Seven of SPI/FilmBox’s thematic channels and FilmBox Africa, which offers over 300 premiere titles every year, will now be available to Azam TV subscribers with the OTT app in East Africa, MTN subscribers in Ghana, and over six million habeshaview subscribers worldwide.
SPI International managing director Western Europe and Africa Georgina Twiss said: “We are proud to partner with Azam TV, MTN Ghana via Silver Rock Technology Services and habeshaview to introduce eight of our most popular channels to viewers in East Africa, the Republic of Ghana and to Ethiopian communities around the world.
“We are excited to support the success of these partnerships and build brand engagement and TV viewership in these regions.”
On-demand distribution deal
Other channels included in the deal are:
- FilmBox Arthouse which brings world cinema classics from iconic directors such as Hitchcock, Kurosawa, Fellini and many others to cinema lovers
- Gametoon which is dedicated to gaming content created by gamers for gamers
- FightBox broadcasts some of the most electrifying combat sports live events and multi-discipline mixed martial arts coverage from all over the world
- Fast&FunBox offers action-packed programming dedicated to adrenaline sports
- DocuBox delivers a collection of award-winning documentaries about different cultures and the wonders of the world
- FashionBox, for content on trends and all things style
- 360 TuneBox presents new music every week with emerging artists
Azam Media deputy chief executive Jacob Joseph said: “By having a partnership with SPI International, Azam TV offers a combination of eight unique channels through its OTT app, including: FilmBox Africa, FilmBox ArtHouse, DocuBox, FightBox, Fast&FunBox, FashionBox, 360 TuneBox and GameToo.
“We at Azam TV always aim to give the best of the best to our customers and this partnership with SPI shows that we mean it.”
- Read more Comcast inks distribution deal with DAZN