Your guide to what’s happening this week in the media, entertainment and technology industry.
- Radio Asia Conference 2018 will address the greatest challenges facing Radio broadcasters in the Second Digital Age. Doors open Tuesday to Thursday at the Kaz Media Centre in Kazakhstan.
- Westminster Media Forum on Thursday in London will focus on key issues for copyright, value exchange, international relationships and protection in the UK.
- DISCOP runs from Wednesday to Friday in Zanzibar aiming to accelerate the development of a sustainable production and distribution ecosystem across Africa and the Middle East, bringing together buyers, sellers and independent producers of film, television, digital and video gaming content.
- IEEE 5G World Forum will delve into practical aspects of 5G developments and examine opportunities for innovation in vertical markets. Running Monday to Wednesday in Santa Clara, California.
- New York Venture Summit unites 500 venture capitalists, investors and Chief Executives of emerging and early-stage companies in New York on Tuesday and Wednesday.
- The DPP is hosting a special event in London helping attendees understand the challenges and priorities of production companies. The event will reveal findings from the Production Business Survey and will include speakers from Google Cloud, Endemol Shine and the BBC.
Film and TV releases
Skyscraper stars Dwayne Johnson as a former FBI Hostage Rescue team leader who finds himself framed for burning the tallest and safest building in China whilst on assignment.
Mavis (Selena Gomez) surprises Dracula (Adam Sandler) with a family holiday on a cruise ship in Hotel Transylvania 3: Summer Vacation which hits theatres on Friday.
New Netflix reality TV programme Sugar Rush, where contestants race against the clock and each other in this baking challenge, is released on Friday.
On this day
9 July 2001 The first episode of The Office aired on BBC Two
11 July 1962 First live television transmission from the US via Telstar satellite