- IABM announces BaM awards shortlist
- Recognising innovation across the content supply chain
- Chair of the judges: ”Innovation continues to drive our industry forward”
Dolby Laboratories, PIksel, Atomos, Rohde & Schwarz and Make.TV are among the vendors shortlisted for the IBC2019 edition of its BaM Awards hosted by the international trade association for suppliers of broadcast and media technology (IABM).
The BaM Awards recognise innovation in each the nine BaM Content Chain categories, together with a tenth award recognising an outstanding project, event or collaboration.
IABM announced the shortlist has been selected by the judges from another record number of entries: 197.
IABM director strategic insight and chair of the judging panel John Ive said: “Both the huge number and high quality of the entrants to the IBC edition of the BaM Awards shows that innovation continues to drive our industry forward.
“These are the companies that are helping broadcast and media organisations transform into agile content factories fit to win and retain audiences as the competition for eyeballs becomes ever more intense.”
Some, 40 non-affiliated, expert judges are now examining the shortlisted entries ahead of awarding the winner during IBC.
Visits to the stands of shortlisted companies will take place once IBC2019 opens to complete the judging process with the final winners announced at the IABM BaM Awards Party on Saturday 14th September, with drinks and canapes in the IBC Executive Lounge from 6pm, followed by the Awards ceremony in the Forum at 7pm.
The winning entries will automatically be submitted for IABM’s prestigious Peter Wayne Golden BaM Award, with the winner announced at the IABM Annual International Business Conference and Awards in December 2019.
The complete list of shortlisted entires:
- Atomos – Neon
- BR Remote – CB180
- EVS (product name embargoed)
- MRMC (a Nikon Company) – Polymotion Stage
- Dolby Laboratories – Vision Content Creation Tools 4.0
- Matrox – M264 S4 Codec Card
- Sonifex – CU2 Configurable Dante Commentary Unit
- STRYME (product name embargoed)
- Piksel – Fuse iQ
- Spicy Mango (product name embargoed)
- Squared Paper – Busby Microservice ESB toolkit
- Wiremax – Media Services
- DAVID Systems – Hand in Hand Publishing
- Friend MTS – Piracy-iQ
- MainStreaming – The HyperNode
- Rohde & Schwarz – BSCC 5G broadcast service and control center
- Arvato Systems (product name embargoed)
- MEDIAGENIX (product name embargoed)
- SpotX – Spot6
- U-TO Solutions – AdsValU airtime sales and proposal management system
- EPAM & Liberty Global – Horizon 4
- Kaltura – Targeted TV Launch (3SS ready)
- Massive – AXIS targeted UX platform
- Singular.live – Interactive Digital Overlays
- DELTACAST – ST2110 Software Stack Virtual Card
- Matrox – Monarch EDGE 4K UHD/Multi-HD Encoder
- Ross Video – Ultrix IP Software Defined Platform
- Techex – EDGE
- Cloudian – HyperStore® Xtreme Powered by Seagate
- Quantum – F Series
- Spectra Logic – BlackPearl RioBroker
- TV Logic – NPS-10 Portable Back-up Storage
- Rohde & Schwarz – PRISMON.cloud
- Telestream – OptiQ Monitor
- VisualOn Inc. – Remote Lab
- Vocas Sales & Services – Tracis Lens Scanner
Project, event or collaboration
- Dejero – Live broadcast and production of the world’s first interactive rock concert
- Make.TV – Live Video Cloud helps ESL break viewership records
- Ross Video – China’s CCTV Mission to the Moon Documentary
- Vidispine AB – vortech.by/ Technology Summit