IBC’s annual Technical Papers made a triumphant return this year, and were presented in thematic sessions delivered across IBC2023 by the industry brains behind the studies. AI, live production workflows, sustainability, audiovisual content, 5G, on-demand content, VR, and live streaming will be just some of the progressive topics raised in conference sessions featuring the winning papers.
Each year, the Technical Papers Programme drives industry advancement. The papers feature original, novel research on solutions to real-world problems faced by the international broadcast and digital media industry. The non-commercial papers cover all industry sectors across the media, entertainment and technology industry and are delivered by a mix of industry professionals, academics, and R&D experts.
Speakers from AWS, BBC, BT, IMAX and several other specialists presented each session at IBC2023, and introduced the relevant papers for each theme.
This eight themed sessions covered a range of key topics:
- Enhancing the user experience
- Advances in video coding and processing
- Recent advances in immersive and volumetric media
- Streaming - improving delivery efficiency
- 5G technology - convergence with broadcast
- Live production using 5G networks - ambitious case studies
- Live production - next generation technology trials
- How AI is advancing media production
The successful Technical Papers were presented as part of the IBC2023 conference programme which took place on 15 and 16 September 2023.
All Technical Papers presented at IBC2023 are linked to in the relevant sessions above.