Your guide to what’s happening this week in the media, entertainment and technology industry.
- DTG Summit 2019 takes place in London this Wednesday with the theme New Horizons, exploring the changing media and communications global landscape.
- The TNW2019 conference is in Amsterdam this Thursday and Friday and will host influential speakers from various industries. Topics range from artificial intelligence to blockchain, and everything in between.
- The Nordic Media Festival takes place in Bergen from Wednesday to Friday.
- Roku and Otelco Inc will announce Q1 earnings on Wednesday
- Walt Disney Co will announce Q2 earnings on Wednesday
- News Corp will announce Q3 earnings on Thursday
- TiVo Corp will announce Q1 earnings on Thursday
- Viacom Inc will annouce Q2 earnings on Friday
Film and TV releases
Kenneth Branagh appears as renowned William Shakespeare in biographical drama All is True, also starring Judy Dench. Releases in US cinemas this Friday.
High Life stars Robert Pattinson in this gripping sci-fi drama and has received rave reviews. Releases in UK cinemas this Friday.
Anne Hathaway and Rebel Wilson team up in comedy The Hustle, releasing in UK and US cinemas this Friday.
Amazing Grace, a documentary presenting the late Aretha Franklin in one of her iconic performances in 1972 releases in the UK on Friday.
Keanu Reeves and Winona Ryder co-star in Destination Wedding, a romantic comedy releasing in UK cinemas this Friday.
On this day
6 May 2004 TV sitcom Friends airs season finale in tenth and final season in US (52.5 million viewers).