Over-the-top video can address the first problem but can it address the second? This session explores whether it’s possible for streaming to improve the sports experiences compared with traditional linear broadcast and how machine learning techniques can keep audiences engaged to reduce viewer fatigue and churn and open the door to new revenue opportunities.
The panel discuss:
• What are the key factors that affect the live streaming experience for sporting content?
• What is the significance of latency?
• What approaches are available to increase viewer engagement?
• What is the importance of personalisation?
• How can machine learning boost engagement and reduce churn?
• How does engagement contribute to revenues and customer retention?
David Grindle, Executive Director - SMPTE
Christof Haslauer, CEO - NativeWaves
Yang Cai, CEO & President - VisualOn
Damien Read, SVP Data Products - 24i