Expert speakers in the broadband community have been confirmed for the annual Spring Lecture by the Society for Broadband Professionals (SCTE), giving cutting-edge insights into the cable, fibre, and telecoms industries.
The lineup of speakers will present and explore key topics in the areas of altnet expansion, investment, consolidation, training, and network software and implementation, followed by networking opportunities. Speakers for the ‘Networks and Networking’ lecture include experts from Virgin Media 02, Real World Networks and PMP Strategy.
Anthony Basham, recently appointed CEO of DKT A/S and President of the SCTE said: “This is the first time we have explored network planning, government and industry regulators, consolidation and training.”
Costas Kyriacou, Chair of the Lecture Committee said: “We have a long history of delivering thought-provoking, intelligent presentations to our members. They know these events bring out the best of what we offer the industry – expertise, learning, networking, all for the community of professionals we cater for.”
The annual Spring Lecture will be taking place on Thursday 30 March at Birmingham’s National Motorcycle Museum. The Spring Lecture forms part of a series of events provided by the SCTE, designed to raise and maintain standards across the cable, fibre and telecoms sectors.
Spring Lecture topics covered include:
- The Fibre Revolution and the Challenges of Building Out as an Altnet in the UK, by Graham Sargood, founder and ex-CEO of Box Broadband
- Consolidation strategy from a game theory perspective in the UK FTTP market by Shivani Saxena, PMP Strategy
- Are you sending the right signals to retain and upskill your workforce? by Paul Higgins, Head of Sales and Operations, Inmisceo
- Upgrading Virgin Media O2 to FTTP by Matt Tully, Matt Tully – Director of Fixed Infrastructure, Engineering and Delivery, Virgin Media 02
- Planning for Change in FTTx Network Rollouts by Dr Gillian Kendrick, CEO of Real World Systems
If you’re interested in attending the SCTE Spring Lecture please contact melissa@theSCTE.eu and register your interest via this link, as spots are limited. Find out more about the event session lineup.
Watch more SCTE: managing the last metre in the home