Your guide to what’s happening this week in the media, entertainment and technology industry.
The Children’s Media Conference will run from Friday to Sunday in Sheffield, UK. The event is dedicated to those working in the development, production and distribution of content to children across all platforms.
Black Hat USA is a one-day accelerated conference designed to bring together those interested in highly technical information security solutions. It will unite thought leaders from all facets of the information security world, starting Saturday until Thursday 9 August in Las Vegas.
- Harmonic Inc will host its Q2 2018 earnings call on Monday
- Vivendi will announce its 2018 half-year earnings call on Monday
- Apple Inc will announce its Q3 2018 earnings release on Tuesday
- Macom Technology Solutions Holdings Inc will release its Q3 2018 earnings on Tuesday
- Gartner Inc will hold an earnings call for Q2 2018 on Wednesday
- Arris International will host its Q2 2018 earnings call on Wednesday
- Eutelsat Communications will host its full-year earnings call on Wednesday
- Inmarsat will host its 2018 half-year earnings call on Thursday
- Paramount Group will announce its Q2 2018 earnings call on Thursday
Film and Television releases
Disney’s Christopher Robin is in cinemas on Friday starring Ewan McGregor as a working-class family man who encounters his childhood friend Winnie-the-Pooh.
The Spy Who Dumped Me is an action comedy starring Mila Kunis and Kate McKinnon, best friends who are unexpectedly thrust into an international conspiracy, in cinemas on Friday.
Young workaholic executive played by Kristen Bell is left at the altar, to end up on her Caribbean honeymoon cruise with her estranged father (Kelsey Grammer). Like Father comes to Netflix Friday.
On this day
30 July 1928 The first demonstration of colour television had taken place and was set to transform audience viewing experiences.