Your guide to what’s happening this week in the media, entertainment and technology industry.
BSC Expo is dedicated to film and TV production, hosted in London on Friday and Saturday.
Convergence India is the regions leading communications, broadcast, IT and technology show in New Delhi on Tuesday to Thursday.
CSTB Telecom and Media returns to Moscow from Tuesday to Thursday with international experts and exhibitors from the television and telecommunications sector.
- Verizon Communications Inc will release its 2018 Q4 earnings on Tuesday
- Apple Inc will host its 2019 Q1 earnings call on Tuesday
- Deutsche Telekom AG will host a conference call on Wednesday to consider the implementation of IFRS
- Limelight Networks Inc will host its 2018 Q4 earnings call on Wednesday
- Qualcomm Inc will host its 2019 Q1 earnings call on Wednesday
- Dolby Laboratories Inc will host its 2019 Q1 earnings call on Wednesday
- Facebook Inc will release its 2018 Q4 earnings on Wednesday
- Microsoft Corp will host its 2019 Q2 earnings call on Wednesday
- Amazon.com Inc will release its 2018 Q4 earnings on Thursday
Film and TV
Nightflyers is coming to Netflix on Friday, the horror sci-fi series is based on George RR Martin’s novella of the same name.
Orange is the New Black’s Natasha Lyonne is taking on her first starring role, in Russian Doll, a new Netflix series released on Friday, Lyonne co-created the series with Amy Poehler and Leslye Headland.
Jake Gyllenhaal-led thriller Velvet Buzzsaw revolves around a crisis in the LA art world, which sees a supernatural force avenging pretentious art lovers comes to Netflix on Friday.
True Detective season three will air on Sky Atlantic on Monday.
Channel 4’s new taboo-smashing comedy-drama Pure comes to screens Wednesday. It’s based on a real-life memoir, viewers are warned the programme is graphic and disturbing, yet funny.
On this day
28 January 1999 Yahoo bought GeoCities for $3.65 billion USD, it was an early web hosting service getting its start in 1994. There were at least 38 million pages remaining on GeoCities when Yahoo shut it down in 2009.
1 February 1893 Thomas A Edison finished the construction of the first motion picture studio, the Black Maria (officially known as the Kinetographic Theater) in West Orange, New Jersey.