Your guide to what’s happening this week in the media, entertainment and technology industry.
CinemaCon takes place in Las Vegas Monday to Thursday this week. The gathering of film theatre owners will honour Tom Cruise with the ‘Pioneer of the Year’ award.
From Tuesday to Friday, the SVIAZ information and communications technology event will take place in Moscow, Russia covering the big technology trends including AR, VR, big data, AI, 5G, cloud and IoT.
Festival of Media MENA will kick off in Dubai on Wednesday. The two-day event attracts senior executives the collaborate and share ideas on the latest trends and techniques used in the media industry.
And The Royal Television Society (RTS) on Tuesday is hosting a panel of creatives who worked behind the scenes on Blue Planet II. The event will “dive beneath the waves” and explore the making of the BBC documentary.
- Verizon Communications will share its Q1 2018 earnings via a conference call on Tuesday
- Dolby Laboratories will share its Q2 fiscal year 2018 financial results on Tuesday
- Orange SA will host a conference call on Thursday sharing the French telecommunications company Q1 2018 earnings
- Quantum will announce its fiscal Q4 results, as well as its 2017 full year results on Thursday
- Microsoft Chief Executive Satya Nadella and Chief Finance Offier Amy Hood will host a conference call on Thursday announcing the fiscal 2018 year Q3 earnings
- Sony Executive Vice President and Chief Finance Officer Totoki Hiroki will present a briefing on Friday sharing the company’s 2017 earnings
Film and TV releases
Marvel Studios’ Avengers: Infinity War will hit cinemas this Friday.
The Week Of is a comedy starring Adam Sandler, Chris Rock and Steve Buscemi coming to Netflix this Friday.
On this day
23 April 2005 The first YouTube video was uploaded by the site’s Co-Founder Jawed Karim under the username Jawed, titled “Me at the zoo”. It was one month before the public beta launch.
26 April 1982 Satellite Television (also known as Super Station Europe on screen) began regular transmissions becoming Europe’s first ever cable and satellite channel.
No comments yet