- All3Media’s Jane Turton to lead RTS board of trustees
- Turton replaces former Virgin boss Tom Mockridge
- Netflix’s Anne Mensah and Sky Studios’ Jane Millichip join board
The Royal Television Society (RTS) has appointed All3Media chief executive Jane Turton as Chair of the organisation’s board of trustees.
Turton, who took part in a Global Gameschangers panel at IBC2019, succeeds Virgin Media chief executive Tom Mockridge who held the position of RTS chair for three years.
- Read more: Interview: Jane Turton, All3Media
Joining Turton on the board of trustees is Netflix vice president of content Anne Mensah, and Sky Studios chief commercial officer Jane Millichip.
Turton said: “It is an enormous privilege to be invited to become the Chair of the RTS and I am looking forward to working with Theresa, the board of trustees and the team as we develop and grow the charity.
“The work that the RTS does is incredibly important for the television sector and its contribution to increasing inclusivity - and in particular supporting students and young people from a wide range of backgrounds working in the media - is invaluable. It is a long-established and successful organisation – but feels very dynamic, innovative and forward-thinking.”
The RTS has also awarded eight new Fellowships in recognition of “outstanding and exceptional contribution to the industry”.
They have been awarded to:
- Kenton Allen, CEO, Big Talk Productions
- Sue Inglish, broadcaster and political journalist and former Chair of the RTS Television Journalism Awards
- Seetha Kumar, chief executive ScreenSkills
- Andy Lucas, vice president, Global Distribution Technology, Universal Pictures International
- Kevin Lygo, director of television, ITV
- Niall Sloane, director of sport, ITV
- Jane Turton, CEO, All3Media
- Sally Woodward Gentle, CEO, Sid Gentle Films
RTS CEO Theresa Wise said: “Tom has been a fantastic Chair of the board of trustees over the last three years. He has provided great support to me and my team. The Board and I enjoyed working with him.
“We are delighted to be welcoming Jane as Chair and I am very much looking forward to working closely with her. The RTS is also very lucky to be welcoming Anne Mensah and Jane Millichip to our Board of Trustees. All three are talented and creative business leaders who are at the forefront of developments in our industry.”
- Read more: OTT tops the IBC2019 agenda
No comments yet