22 - 26 July: Your guide to what’s happening this week in the media, entertainment and technology industry.
The world’s largest voice event hosted by Amazon Alexa, Voice will run from Monday to Thursday in Newark, New Jersey for developers and marketers. Attracting more than 5,000 attendees with 350 speakers and 280 sessions.
London Film and Comic Con will take place at Olympia from Friday to Sunday showcasing some of the favourite stars from TV, film and comics as well as a whole host of fun activities including photoshoots, panels, autograph sessions and hundreds of stalls full of TV and Film memorabilia to browse.
- Snap Inc will announce Q2 2019 earnings on Tuesday
- Facebook Inc will announce Q2 2019 earnings on Wednesday
- Brightcove Inc will announce Q2 2019 earnings on Wednesday
- ITV Plc will announce its half-year 2019 earnings on Wednesday
- Telefonica Deutschland will announce its Q2 2019 earnings on Wednesday
- AT&T will announce its 2019 Q2 earnings on Wednesday
- Comcast Corp will announce its Q2 2019 earnings on Thursday
- Deluxe Corp will announce its Q2 2019 earnings on Thursday
- Amazon will announce its 2019 Q2 earnings on Thursday
- Alphabet Inc, Google’s part company will announce its 2019 Q2 earnings on Thursday
Film and TV releases
Once Upon a Time in Hollywood stars Leonardo DiCaprio, Margot Robbie and Brad Pitt hits US cinemas on Friday, and it set to hit UK cinemas on 14 August.
The dramatic story of the cutthroat race between electricity titans Thomas Edison and George Westinghouse to determine whose electrical system would power the modern world. The Current War is released on Friday in the US.
Netflix Orange is the New Black The seventh and final season will be released on Friday.
On this day
July 24 2011 - The analogue broadcast ceased and only digital broadcast using the ISDB standard became available.