Your guide to what’s happening this week in the media, entertainment and technology industry.
- The Expo Data Centre in Mexico takes place on Wednesday and will cover industry topics from digital transformation to cyber security.
- The KOBA exhibition, presenting the future of the broadcasting service, video and sound industry, will be held from Wednesday to Saturday in Seoul, Korea.
- Developer-oriented conference GlueCon 2019 provides the latest in-depth technical information and is on Wednesday and Thursday in Colorada, US.
- This Tuesday, RTS is hosting an event ’Why we Love… Food’ at its headquarters, exploring the success food and cookery programmes on television. Book a place here.
- APC Technology group Plc will announce half year earnings and Datagroup SE will announce Q2 earnings on Tuesday.
- ePlus Inc and Synopsys Inc will announce Q4 earnings on Wednesday.
- Bouygues SA will announce Q1 earnings, HP Inc will announce Q2 earnings, and TalkTalk Group Plc will announce full year earnings on Thursday.
Film and TV releases
Will Smith transforms into a genie in 2019 Disney remake Aladdin, releasing in the UK and US this week on Wednesday and Friday respectively.
Rocketman, the Elton John biopic starring Taron Egerton releases this Wednesday in UK cinemas.
Brendan Fraser makes an appearances alongside John Travolta and Morgan Freeman in thriller The Poison Rose, releasing in the US this Friday.
She’s Gotta Have It returns to Netflix for Season 2 this Friday.
On this day
24–27 May 1927 Baird demonstrates long distance transmission of television pictures over telephone lines from London to Glasgow (438 miles).
No comments yet