Here’s what happened on Day 3 of IBC2023, as Changemakers took over from the IBC Conference and the Content Programme continued across the Showcase Theatre, Innovation Stage and Content Everywhere.
The Changemaker Programme showcases the pioneers who are advancing gender equality, sustainability, and inclusive technology. Whether you attended IBC2023 or watched from afar, Changemaker content is an opportunity to join conversations on equity and inclusion and to witness the industry’s transformative narratives on People and Purpose.
IBC2023 Day 3 show reports
In the Changemaker keynote “The Creative Centipede with an Inclusive Soul”, Dutch storyteller and founder of inclusive TV station Omroep ZWART Akwasi Ansah shares his personal story and vision for a digital-first landscape which is equitable, inclusive and accessible.
Watch the recording (22:00)
Phenix is the first real-time streaming provider to launch a full solution including Server Side Ad Insertion (SSAI) and DRM, while maintaining a target latency of less than half a second at proven scale. Join Bill Wishon, Architect, Akamai’s Media Division, Phenix Real Time Solutions on the Innovation Stage for the session: “Phenix Real-Time Streaming with SSAI and DRM.”
Watch the recording (15:30)
In an insightful session called “Navigating Media’s Next Era of Change”, Francesco Venturini, CVP, WW Media and Communications Industry, Microsoft, delved into how technology and innovation can help transform the media landscape and empower content creators, platform companies, distributors, and consumers worldwide.
Watch the recording (36:08)
Speaking at the IBC2023 Changemaker Programme conference session ”Putting people first”, Jabbar Sardar, Global HR Director, BBC Studios insisted that culture and inclusiveness is a key part of the BBC’s success as a content producer.
Read the session review
Jerry Gepner, a seasoned media professional with a notable career spanning CBS Sports, Fox Sports, and as COO of Sportvision, has been named the new CEO of IABM, the prominent international association for broadcast and media technology.
Watch the interview (1.23) | Read the article
IBC2023 Day 3 Product News
- PFX streamlines its file services
- Western Digital unveils desktop drives for content creatives
- Fujifilm’s Duvo cinematic lenses for broadcast operations
- GenAI is a co-pilot for innovation
- Agito robotic dolly gets Core upgrade
- Bitmovin - Measuring up to macro challenges
- AntennaWare and Shenzen Skylark partnership broadens potential for UWB audio
- INFiLED go forth with Infinite Colours
- Blackmagic Cinema Camera 6K debuts
- EVS - AI can aid the creative process
- Zixi - going green in the cloud
- Gaming and SoC adoption boost for LCEVC
- Magnifi expands into entertainment
- Arri opens virtual production studio New York
- Arcadia updates adds more connectivity
- Network Live ready to reign
- AtmosOS turns it up to 11
- New Ooona API automates QC for captions
- Audinate is connecting in the cloud
- Connecting the underserved with Forsway Odin F-60 sat terminals
- Price-pick performance Canon CR-N100 4K PTZ comes on stream
- CueScript prompt choices for Sony FR7 PTZ camera
Read the IBC Daily
More IBC2023 news, interviews and opinion can be found by flicking through the digital pages of the IBC Daily.
Photo of the day
And finally… Here’s what’s coming up on Day 4
Day 4 of IBC2023 might look quieter (the show closes its doors at 16:00), but it promises to be no less impactful. Changemakers continues with Paramount Global’s Wincie Knight talking about inclusion; the Innovation Stage hosts a discussion on Real Time XR Sport; and the Showcase Theatre has a string of games-related content including working with Unreal Engine and the potential of in-game advertising.
Read the briefing: IBC2023 What to look out for on Day 4 (18 September)
As ever, follow the latest show news, including product launches and interviews with key exhibitors on our IBC2023 Live Blog page.