- Nominees from BBC R&D, ENVY, Sky UK, Discovery, BBC News and IMG Media are among those shortlisted
- Rising Star and Women of the Year awarded on at the event
- “The calibre of entries is a testament to the female talent we have in our sectors,” says Rise director
Advocate group for women working in broadcasting has announced its shortlist for the inaugural Rise Awards to be presented during the IBC Show in September.
The award categories recognise women working in technical operations, sales, engineering, marketing and public relations and business within the broadcasting industry.
The global nominees were described by judges as “stellar” women with a Rising Star and Women of the Year awarded on the night.
Rise founder Sadie Groom said: “We received so many amazing nominations for talented women across the broadcast and media industry that is was hard to narrow them down to the final shortlist. We’re thankful for everyone who submitted an entry on the inspiring women in their workplaces and extend a big congratulations to all those shortlisted.”
Rise was launched at IBC2017 with the primary mission to help advance the careers of women in non-craft roles working across the broadcast industry.
Since launching, Rise has supported 40 mentor buddy schemes. In 2018 there were 17 partners and this year growing demand saw an unprecedented amount of applications with 23 successful mentor and mentee matches already underway in its award-winning six month programme.
Rise director Carrie Wootten said: “Our judging panels which included men and women from across the global broadcast industry had a hard job deciding on the shortlist and winners due to the calibre of entries which is a testament to the female talent we have in our sectors.
“We’re looking forward to celebrating their achievements at the awards ceremony during IBC2019.”
The shortlist for the 2019 Rise Awards, in association with Avid, is as follows:
Business (sponsored by Adobe)
- Marina Kalkanis, CEO and Co-Founder, M2A Media
- Monique Ellis, Chief Operations Officer, Massive
- Natascha Cadle, Creative Director and Co-Founder, ENVY
Engineer (sponsored by Clear-Com)
- Carys Hughes, Design Engineer, Sky UK
- Gemma Ebbs, Systems Development Lead, BT Media and Broadcast
- Stefania Popescu, Systems Engineer, Sky UK
- Allison Duval, Group Marketing Manager, Procam Projects
- Felicity Webster, Marketing Manager, BT Media and Broadcast
- Lucy Speed, Marketing & Communication Manager, Middle East & Africa, Discovery
Rising Star (sponsored by Avid Customer Association)
- Lauren Ward, R&D Engineer, BBC R&D
- Rhianna Steele, Media Manager, IMG Media
- Shannon Albrink, Junior Editor, Therapy Studios
Sales (sponsored by disguise)
- Charlotte Latham, Sales and Operations Manager, CueScript
- Laura Kirkland, Sales Director, EMEA Strategic Accounts, Grass Valley
- Nicki Fisher, Sales Director, EMEA, Clear-Com
Technical Operations (sponsored by Sundog Media Tools)
- Emma Johnson, Head of MCR, West Digital Post Production
- Julie Ritson, Picture Correspondent, BBC News
- Lorraine Panman, Portfolio Project Manager, Massive
The Rise awards will be announced at IBC2019 in Amsterdam on September 14th from 15:00-17:00 in the Jade Lounge/Press Area, F004.
For more information on the shortlisted nominees, judges and categories, visit here.
No comments yet