The IBC Innovation and Social Impact Awards are back here on-demand. Join IBC and the shortlisted companies to Celebrate the best in broadcasting and media and discover who the 2022 winners will be.
Watch here on-demand:
The categories and their shortlists include:
- Expo Dubai and its beautiful Xplorer cross-reality experience for real and virtual visitors
- Green Planet AR, an immersive experience inside the incredible world of plants
- Alter Ego, a Fox singing competition in which the contestants all appear live as avatars.
- Oracle Red Bull Racing and its fan engagement at the launch of its 2022 Formula 1 car
- Imperial War Museums, finding new ways to make the million items in its collection accessible by all
- Supersport Schools in South Africa, bringing school sport to a wider audience, increasing participation and developing talent.
- BT Sport, using 5G to add data-driven graphics to live action at the event
- PGA TOUR AR, giving fans an immersive and engaging experience through a near real-time augmented reality app
- Sky Sports, which has added to the fun and engagement of The Hundred cricket competition with avatars of the top players.
- Paramount, for its bold stance in celebrating LGBTQ+ rights while hosting the 2021 MTV EMAs in Hungary
- Ethekwini Filmmakers Association, which encourages new creative talent in KwaZulu-Natal and across South Africa.
Advances in Diversity and Inclusion
- Learning to Sign Together, the EQ4ALL project to help deaf children born into hearing families
- Break the Codes, a Belgian initiative focusing on the challenges women have in making an impact in the technology sector
- Rise Up Academy, aiming to inspire, educate and inform young people about the opportunities available in media technology.
- RAMPD, the coalition for Recording Artists and Music Professionals with Disabilities.
Environment and Sustainability
- Sky Sports for Game Zero, a Premier League football match with full television coverage and net zero carbon impact
- WaterBear, supported by Nikon, an interactive streaming platform dedicated to the future of the planet
- SmartFM, advances in transmitter technology to reduce power consumption and CO2 output by 40%.